GIS Drop-in Hours In-Person
Do you need help with a geographic information systems (GIS), remote sensing, or mapping project? Do you want to learn more about GIS services at Brandeis Library? Stop by our library's GIS drop-in hours. No appointment is necessary. Drop-in to get help finding data, ask questions, discuss workflows, and receive feedback on your map or GIS project.
Drop-in Hours Details
- Brandeis Library Research Help Office (Goldfarb Library, Level 1)
- Wednesdays from 2 pm - 3:30 pm, unless otherwise noted
- Open to Brandeis students, faculty, and staff
- Please bring your own laptop/device, if possible
Beginner to intermediate support is available for ArcGIS software (e.g., ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, StoryMaps, Survey123), Social Explorer, QGIS, Google Maps, and Google Earth Pro.
- Can't make our drop-in hours? Book an in-person appointment or Zoom appointment with our GIS Librarian.
- Contact our Data Services team with questions about Python or R.
- Contact our Design and Innovation team (formerly RTI) with questions about drones as a service, photogrammetry, and LiDAR support.
- Contact our ITS Help Desk if you need help with software installations or troubleshooting computer hardware issues.
Related LibGuide: Geographic Information Systems (GIS) by Alex Willett
Registration for most of our workshops requires a brandeis.edu email address. If you don't have a brandeis.edu email address and are trying to register for a workshop which requires one, please email email@example.com and we’d be happy to figure out an option for you.