Advanced Zotero: Organization & Group Collaboration
This workshop is designed to be a follow-up to the Intro to Zotero or for individuals who already have familiarity with Zotero. If you haven't used Zotero before, please attend one of our Introduction to Zotero workshops or schedule an appointment with our Zotero team, as this workshop will not cover the basics.
Are you working on a large research project like a thesis or dissertation? Or need to keep several different research projects organized but separated? Are you looking to keep your PDFs, notes, and references in one place? Do you need to collaborate on a research project with colleagues, classmates, or your adviser?
In this workshop, we will focus on your questions about how to use Zotero effectively in your own research process. Here are a few of the things we could cover:
- setting up a shared library for your research group
- using Zotero to cite datasets, grey literature, videos, or other formats
- sorting your research into folders
- taking notes, adding tags, and linking related references
- storing, renaming, and annotating PDFs
- cleaning up your Zotero library by taking care of duplicates and unfiled items
- keeping track of retracted articles using the Retraction Watch feature