Advanced Literature Searching for Science Students Online
Need to search the literature for a research project? Even if you already know how to search, there are advanced strategies that can save you time and help you make sure you're finding the most relevant papers.
These advanced tips and tricks will help you up your literature searching game, including:
- Choosing the most effective place to search
- Finding the most highly-cited papers on your topic
- Following the references to find new research that has cited a particular paper
- Narrowing your results by type of study, journal, funding support, and more
We will use the Scopus database in this workshop, and the strategies you learn will be transferrable to other databases.
- Wednesday, September 30, 2020
- 3:00pm - 3:50pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
Registration for workshops requires a brandeis.edu email address. If you have a Brandeis affiliation and don’t have a brandeis.edu email address, please email email@example.com and we’d be happy to figure out an option for you.
I'm a Science Librarian, and I work closely with the following departments and programs: Genetic Counseling, Neuroscience, Physics, Psychology, Rabb School GPS
I'm available to meet with individuals or groups at any point in the research process! Depending on your preference, we can meet in person in the library or talk on the phone/video chat.
Please feel free to send me an email if the times listed aren't convenient for you, or if you have any questions at all.