Intro to 3D Scanning - 3 part series Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Fully virtual intro workshop on 3D scanning.
The only equipment required for this workshop is a digital camera of some kind (either a smartphone or a DSLR), and a Mac or PC or Linux computer that you can use TeamViewer(https://www.teamviewer.com/en-us/teamviewer-automatic-download/) and Zoom software on.
This 3 part workshop will cover the basics of getting started with 3D scanning
--REGISTRATION REQUIRES ATTENDING ALL 3 SESSIONS--
- Session 1 Monday at 9am-10am: Overview a variety of 3D scanning techniques, focus on how different 3D Scanning underlying technologies work: how the data is stored and manipulated, and overview the data lifecycle for 3D scanning: How to Acquire, Process, Analize, Present, and Archive 3D scan data.
- Session 2 Wednesday at 9am-10am: Intro to Photogrammetry Acquizition, or photography based 3D scanning. What controls we care about in digital photography and how they influence the resulting 3D scan. Homework: acquire a data set using a camara (phone or DSLR) and be ready to process it in the next session.
- Session 3 Friday at 9am-10am: Into to Photogrammetry Processing. We will process our 2D photos into a 3D scan using Agisoft Metashape software. We will also look at a variety of mesh handing tools for post processing and optomizing your 3D Scan. If all goes well, participants will upload a 3D model to Sketchfab.
Please let us know what you would like to accomplish with 3D scanning when signing up.
- Dates & Times:
- 9:00am - 10:00am, Monday, January 18, 2021
9:00am - 10:00am, Wednesday, January 20, 2021
9:00am - 10:00am, Friday, January 22, 2021
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Zoom Video Conference (Online)
Registration for most of our workshops requires a brandeis.edu email address. If you don't have a brandeis.edu email address and are trying to register for a workshop which requires one, please email email@example.com and we’d be happy to figure out an option for you.