Intro to 3D Scanning Online
Fully virtual 1 hour intro workshop on 3D scanning hosted via ZOOM.
This hour long workshop will:
- Overview a variety of 3D scanning methadologies - From LIDAR, to Structured Light, to Photogrammetry
- Focusing on how different 3D Scanning technologies work
- Overview the data lifecycle for 3D scanning: How to Acquire, Process, Present, and Archive 3D scan data - and what the data and controls look like at each step.
- Explore some local Brandeis use cases and projects that take advantage of what is possible with 3D Scanning on campus today - From high end 3D scanners to DIY photogrammetry with just a smartphone.
If you would like to further explore 3D scanning in depth, we can schedule additional research consultations after this intro training.
Please let us know what you would like to accomplish with 3D scanning when signing up.
- Wednesday, May 5, 2021
- 9:00am - 10:00am
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
Registration for most of our workshops requires a brandeis.edu email address. If you don't have a brandeis.edu email address and are trying to register for a workshop which requires one, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’d be happy to figure out an option for you.